Practice begins from Saturday afternoon and extends until Sunday 4:00PM - with night and dawn meditations to work with the energy of the pineal gland (with no substance use other than the natural brain chemistry)
During the process, a deep calibration of the nervous system is carried out through ancestral techniques of breathing meditation and ancient yoga, focused on the development of self-knowledge and emotional wisdom.
The retreat is open to all people, whether or not they have meditated before.
Intensive practice of breathing patterns that create states of deep connection in order to observe ourselves from a different inner perspective than usual.
People with heart conditions, epilepsy, glaucoma or high blood pressure, should practice alternate breathing exercises from the rest of the participants, with the aim of not forcing their nervous and circulatory systems.
Stimulation techniques of the pineal gland to tune in with the creative power at the most mystical time on the planet: night and dawn.
These respiratory meditations focus on working with melatonin, a hormone related to sleep cycles secreted by the pineal gland.
"A spiritual mind is one that has become a light to itself"
– Jiddu Krishnamurti –
The retreat does not include meals, each participant brings their own food. Here are kitchens with refrigerators and basic utensils - no microwave.
It is recommended to bring simple food to prepare, and easily digestible to avoid discomfort in the breathing meditations (mainly the Sunday lunch before the 2:00PM meditation)
Recommendation: avoid red meat, dairy products, legumes and bread; On the other hand, fruits, non-starchy vegetables, salads, sandwiches, rice, tuna, seafood, oatmeal... go very well.
All styles are welcome: vegetarians, vegans and non-vegetarians.
3:00PM – Entrance
3:30PM-4:00PM – Group meeting
4:00PM-6:00PM – Ancient Yoga & breathing meditation
6:00PM-8:00PM – Free time for dinner
8:00PM-9:00PM – Meditation for the pineal gland
9:00PM – Bedtime
4:30AM-5:30AM – Meditation for the pineal gland
5:30AM-6:30AM – Ancient Yoga & breathing meditation
6:30AM-10:00AM – Free time for breakfast and individual processes
10:00AM-12:00PM – Breathing meditation
12:00PM-2:00PM – Free time for lunch and individual processes
2:00PM-4:00PM – Breathing meditation
4:00PM-5:00PM – Closing Circle
5:00PM – End of the retreat
From Saturday 3:00PM to Sunday 5:00PM.
Modo Elefante is on a 3-hectare property surrounded by nature in Atenas Costa Rica.
(if you come alone)
(if you come with someone else)
US$150 /per person
(if you come a 2nd time)
* Fees include VAT.
* Keep in mind that the retreat is in Spanish, but the instructions for the practices can be translated into English if necessary; not so the consultations of the participants in the closing circle, or topics considered as non-essential.
* The space is reserved via bank transfer, PayPal or SINPE-Costa Rican-mobile, by paying the entire rate. Tell me to send you the payment information.
* If you pay in colones, use the sale rate according to the Central Bank of Costa Rica here.
– Ask before payment to check availability.
– Only for people over 21 years old.
– I recommend a limited use of electronic devices to have a more organic experience. Modo Elefante does not provide wifi or internet service.
– I appreciate avoiding photos or videos during the retreat (once it is finished, is ok)
– Cancellation policy: If cancellation is requested, 50% will be returned during the days after payment. IMPORTANT: seven days before the date of the event no refunds will be done, but if someone cancels, can use 1 night of Your Own Retreat program during the 10 calendar days following the canceled date. If for some reason Modo Elefante cancels an event, full refund will be done.
– Here you can read about the Modo Elefante concept.
– Here you can read the Residential Code.
– Here you can see photos of the place.
– Dates 2023: June 10-11 / August 26-27 / October 21-22 / November 25-26.