Every month I open up the opportunity for a whole weekend of meditation, ancient yoga and breathing activation (dynamic breathing exercises)
The practice starts from Saturday afternoon and runs until Sunday at 5:00PM. At night and early morning there are ancient meditative sessions to stimulate the pineal gland (with no substance use other than natural brain chemistry)
During the process a deep calibration of the nervous system is done through breathing, and an equally deep practical work with techniques from the ancient culture of meditation.
There’re also introspective dynamics for the participants to do during their free time at one of the open areas.
The retreat is open to all people, whether or not they have meditated before.
In Modo Elefante I approach breathing as a fundamental axis of self-knowledge, and it does so through breathing patterns that create states of deep connection in order to observe ourselves from a different internal perspective than usual.
Based on the above, dynamic breathing exercises are practiced that work directly on the nervous system and the root of emotions. People with heart conditions, epilepsy, glaucoma or high blood pressure, should refrain from participating in these sessions.
Intensive practice with techniques aimed at introspective self-knowledge in static format (sitting), and also dynamic (ancient yoga and breathing trances)
Techniques to stimulate the pineal gland and tune in to the creative power of the universe at the most mystical time on the planet (night and early morning)
Meditative assignments for participants to develop alone in one of the meditation areas of the property (3 hectares surrounded by nature)
In order to make meditation accessible to all, it was decided not to include meals in the operating costs. In this way, each participant brings their food. There are kitchens with refrigerators and basic utensils – no microwaves.
I recommend bringing simple foods to prepare and thus optimize the time for meditative practice. Likewise, it is key that the food is easily digestible in order to avoid discomfort at the time of meditative and respiratory sessions.
Important for Sunday lunch: try to make it light to avoid digestive discomfort in the breathing activation at 2:00PM. Recommendation: avoid red meat, dairy products, legumes and bread; Fruits, non-starchy vegetables, salads, brown rice, tuna, oatmeal… go very well.
All styles are welcome: vegetarians, vegans and no-vegetarians.
1:00PM-3:00PM – Entrance
3:00PM-4:00PM – Group meeting
4:00PM-5:00PM – Ancient yoga
5:00PM-6:30PM – Breathing activation
6:30PM-8:00PM – Free time for dinner
8:00PM-9:00PM – Meditation for the pineal gland
9:00PM – Bedtime
4:00AM-5:00AM – Meditation for the pineal gland
5:00AM-6:30AM – Ancient Yoga and breathing activation
6:30AM-9:30AM – Free time for breakfast and individual processes
9:30AM-11:00AM – Breathing activation
11:00AM-12:00PM – Meditation
12:00PM-2:00PM – Free time for lunch and individual processes
2:00PM-3:00PM – Breathing activation
3:00PM-4:00PM – Meditation
4:00PM-5:00PM – Closing Circle
5:00PM – End of the retreat
I’m Antonio, and I have more than 20 years of experience in meditation and ancient yoga, in India, Nepal and Costa Rica. Here you can read more.
From Saturday (between 1:00PM-3:00PM) to Sunday 5:00PM.
Modo Elefante is on a 3-hectare property surrounded by nature in Atenas Costa Rica.
(if you come alone)
(if you come with someone else)
US$120 /per person
(if you come a 2nd time)
* Fees include VAT.
* Keep in mind that the retreat is in Spanish, but the instructions for the practices can be translated into English if necessary; not so the consultations of the participants in the closing circle, or topics considered as non-essential.
* The space is reserved via bank transfer or SINPE-Costa Rican-mobile. Tell me to send you the payment information.
* If you pay in colones, use the sale rate according to the Central Bank of Costa Rica here.
– Ask before payment to check availability.
– Only for people over 21 years old.
– I recommend a limited use of electronic devices to have a more organic experience. Modo Elefante does not provide wifi or internet service.
– I appreciate avoiding photos or videos during the retreat (once it is finished, is ok)
– Cancellation policy: If cancellation is requested, 50% will be returned during the days after payment. IMPORTANT: seven days before the date of the event no refunds will be done, but if someone cancels, can use two nights of the Individual Sessions program during the 10 calendar days following the canceled date. If for some reason Modo Elefante cancels an event, full refund will be done.
– Here you can read about the Modo Elefante concept.
– Here you can read the Residential Code.
– Here you can see photos of the place.
© Copyright 2022 Modo Elefante Costa Rica | Web Design by PigFlex