5 days for a deep personal experience within the framework of breathing meditation and its influence on human emotions.
A retreat in which every day I will share ancestral breathing patterns and meditations focused on a specific emotion or feeling, with the aim of learning emotional management tools that will accompany us throughout our entire life starting from the year that is about to begin.
December 27, entrance to the place. That day there'll be a night meditation for the Pineal gland at 8:00PM.
All other days:
4:30AM-6.00AM – Breathing meditation at dawn and talk about the topic of the day.
11:00AM-12:30PM – Ancient Yoga.
5:00PM-6:00PM – Breathing meditation at sunset.
8:00PM-9:00PM – Night breathing meditation to explore the unconscious.
Topics per day:
December 28 – The emotional void.
December 29 – Attachment and anger.
December 30 – Emotional balance.
December 31 – Nervous balance.
January 1 – Serenity (this day ends with the breathing meditation at sunset)
"What the caterpillar calls the end, the rest of the world calls the butterfly"
– Lao Tzu –
– December 31: whoever wishes to practice their own silent retreat this day, can do it from the sunset meditation until the following day's morning January 1. That night I will lead a special meditation from 11:30PM to 12:30AM to receive the year meditating.
– Another important element to take into account is the invitation to join in an intermittent fasting routine by eating a soft diet twice a day. It will be coordinated here with the interested people, since the type of food will depend on the habits and lifestyle of each participant. Details about how digestive power contributes to the restructuring of our nervous system will also be discussed.
– As the dry season has finally arrived, the campfire area will always be available.
– The retreat is of an introspective nature and at the same time gives freedom to the participants to live it as it best resonates with them as the days go by. In this sense, taking into account the small number of people, each one will have individualized support in relation to their own respiratory and meditative process.
– All rooms have their own bathroom and shared kitchen.
– Kitchens have refrigerators and basic utensils – no microwaves. Two kitchens will be enabled for five rooms (the program does not include meals)
– All styles are welcome: vegan, vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
"All things have already been said, but since no one listens, we always have to start over"
– André Gide –
From December 27 to January 1 – Registration opens on December 1.
Modo Elefante is on a 3-hectare property surrounded by nature in Atenas Costa Rica.
– US$650 p/person in a single room.
– US$550 p/person in a double room (if you come with someone else)
* Fees include taxes, 5 nights of accommodation from December 27 to January 1, and the entire program of breathing sessions described above.
* The space is reserved via bank transfer, PayPal or SINPE-Costa Rican-mobile, by paying the entire rate. Tell me to send you the payment information only if you have already decided that you will come, please.
* If you pay in colones, use the sale rate according to the Central Bank of Costa Rica here.
– Open for Spanish and English languages (Spanish being the main language)
– The retreat must be attended from December 27 to January 1.
– Though the retreat will be conducted in spanish as a main language, english spoken participants are also welcome.
– Obviously it is a space only for those who seek to spend these very symbolic holidays in a different way, from the silence of their own inner realities and with the help of super-deep breathing meditation techniques to explore the immensity that inhabits them.
– Recommended only for adults. No children nor pets.
– There are several local options very close where you can go out for fresh ingredients.
– I recommend limited use of electronic devices for a more organic experience. For this retreat there will be wifi service in a common area of ??the property (not in the rooms)
– Cancellation policy: If cancellation is requested, 50% will be returned during the days after payment. IMPORTANT: seven days before the date of the event no refunds will be done, but if someone cancels, can use three nights of Your Own Retreat program during the 10 calendar days following the canceled date. If for some reason Modo Elefante cancels an event, full refund will be done.
– Here you can read about the Modo Elefante concept.
– Here you can read the Residential Code.
– Here you can see photos of the place.