* Note: the retreat is full. It will be repeated as a year-end retreat in December.
If you'd like to enjoy the days off during this eastern week learning ancestral breathing habits, I invite you to this breathing meditation retreat and its relationship with human emotions.
The scheduled date is from April 5 to 9, and every day I'll guide three breathing sessions plus one of ancient yoga.
Each person is free to choose the sessions they wish to attend. Otherwise, you can spend your time either using the meditative spaces within the property, writing, reading, meditating on your own, or going for a walk through the quiet streets of the town.
Each day I will share ancestral breathing patterns and meditations focused on a specific emotion.
The objective of this is to learn emotional management tools to accompany us in our daily routine.
So, this would be the program:
April 5, entrance to the place. That day there'll be a night meditation for the Pineal gland at 8:00PM.
All other days:
4:30AM-6.00AM – Breathing meditation at dawn and talk about the topic of the day.
11:00AM-12:30PM – Ancient Yoga
5:30PM-6:30PM – Breathing meditation at sunset
8:00PM-9:00PM – Breathing Meditation for the Pineal Gland
Topics per day:
April 6 – The emotional void
April 7 – Attachment and anger
April 8 – Emotional balance
April 9 – Serenity (this day ends with the breathing meditation at 12:30PM)
– On April 9 there will be a review session (optional) at 1:00PM for those who wish to take notes or clear up doubts about the breathing practices.
– Another important element to take into account is the invitation to join in an intermittent fasting routine by eating a soft diet twice a day. It will be coordinated here with the interested people, since the type of food will depend on the habits and lifestyle of each participant.
– The campfire area will always be available.
"Wisdom provides a vision that configures life according to the sense that serves as the foundation of everything that is"
– I-Ching –
– All rooms have their own bathroom and shared kitchen.
– The program does not include meals. Each room has a common kitchen equipped with all the basic utensils for cooking, as well as a refrigerator, gas stove, and coffee-maker (there is no microwave). There is a kitchen for every three rooms.
– All styles are welcome: vegan, vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty. The glass has a content which varies constantly, just like your perception and life itself.
– US$400 p/person in a single room.
– US$350 p/person in a double room (if you come with someone else)
* Fees include taxes, 4 nights of accommodation from April 5 to 9, and the entire program of breathing meditations described above.
* Remember: the program does not include meals (see "rooms and kitchens" above).
* The space is reserved via bank transfer, PayPal or SINPE-Costa Rican-mobile, by paying the entire rate. Tell me to send you the payment information only if you have already decided that you will come, please.
* If you pay in colones, use the sale rate according to the Central Bank of Costa Rica here.
– You must attend the entire retreat, as it is a single event. The division of days by topics only indicates the dynamics of the retreat in general terms.
– Open for Spanish and English languages (Spanish being the main language)
– Recommended only for adults. No children nor pets.
– Modo Elefante is on a 3-hectare property surrounded by nature in Atenas Costa Rica.
– There are several local options very close where you can go out for fresh ingredients.
– Please do not enter alcohol or tobacco.
– I recommend limited use of electronic devices for a more organic experience. However, for this retreat there will be Wi-Fi service in a common area of ??the property (not in the rooms)
– Cancellation policy: If cancellation is requested, 50% will be returned during the days after payment. IMPORTANT: seven days before the date of the event no refunds will be done, but if someone cancels, can use 2 nights of the program Your Own Retreat during the 10 calendar days following the canceled date. If for some reason Modo Elefante cancels an event, full refund will be done.
– Here you can read about the Modo Elefante concept.
– Here you can read the Residential Code.
– Here you can see photos of the place.